Subscribe RSS
Child With Lighter Starts House Fire

Clipped From The St. Catharines Standard

A fire official says a child playing with a cigarette lighter started a fire that heavily damaged a St. Catharines house and its contents early Saturday morning.

Flames were coming from the roof and heavy smoke was pouring from the second floor when firefighters arrived at the house at 42 Almond St. in Merritton shortly after 5 a.m., said the St. Catharines fire department dispatcher on Saturday. Firefighters were on the scene until 11 a.m.

Platoon chief Fred Enns said damage to the house and its contents is estimated at $100,000. There were no injuries.

Category: Local News Add to: Share
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.
Leave a Reply

XHTML: You can use these tags: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>