Exciting RV Adventure around Niagara Falls
On the list of unforgettable places for RV campers to visit, Niagara Falls should rank near the top. The experience of Niagara is like no other in North America, so why not use this quick guide to help plan your own exciting RV adventure to Niagara Falls?
RV Camping around Niagara Falls
Because you’ve chosen the convenience and comfort of RV camping on your Niagara Falls adventure, you’ll need to know where to find a great campground. Here’s a link to Niagara area campgrounds, sorted by region.
Whether you choose to camp at Youngstown, NY, about fifteen miles north of Niagara Falls, across the border in Niagara Falls, Ontario or at any of the scenic campgrounds in between, you’ll find the hosts friendly and the camping affordable.
What You Need to Know about Niagara Falls
The natural wonder known as Niagara Falls is actually made up of three waterfalls – American Falls, Bridal Veil Falls and Canadian ‘Horseshoe’ Falls. They’re located on the US/Canadian border between Lake Erie and Lake Ontario on the Niagara River.
This marvelous bend in the river and the immense falls that inhabit it have drawn RV travelers for decades. Surrounded by breathtaking scenery, visitors also have a front row seat to outstanding outdoor recreation and intriguing, historic attractions.
Here are some special places you won’t want to miss while on your Niagara RV camping vacation.
- Queen Victoria Parkon the Canadian side gives unsurpassed views of the falls and is the perfect place to relax in the beauty of nature.
- Goat Island, encamped between American and Horseshoe Falls, can be reached on foot, so park your vehicle and cross the bridge for an afternoon of hiking the trails, viewing the falls from above and taking the elevator to the bottom of the falls and Cave of the Winds.
- Journey Behind the Falls, part of Ontario’s Niagara Parks, treats RV travelers to an up-close and awesome view from behind Horseshoe Falls. While visiting Niagara Parks, make time to walk the trails at the Botanical Gardens and be immersed in wonder at the Butterfly Conservatory. Those are just two of the experiences waiting to please visitors on the Canadian side of the falls.
- For a view of Niagara Falls from the river, nothing beats a ride on the legendary Maid of the Mist. Catch the steamship at Maid of the Mist Plaza in Niagara Falls, ON or at Niagara Reservation State Park at Prospect Point in Niagara Falls, NY.
- One more dazzling display no RVer should miss is the Class IV rapids in the Great Gorge north of the Rainbow Bridge. You can drive along the gorge, but the best view is on the Ontario side of the Gorge where vantage points on the White Water Walk provide the best vacation photos imaginable.
Many more adventures are waiting for RV campers at Niagara. Here’s a tip for getting the most for your money while on your RV adventure around Niagara Falls. Purchase a Niagara Falls and Great Gorge Adventure Pass that lets you ride the Maid of the Mist, hike the White Water Walk and visit several top attractions in Ontario’s Niagara Parks.
On both sides of the international border, Niagara Falls is a classic RV camping experience. Once you’ve come to the Falls you’re sure to fall in love and your RV camping dreams will be filled by Niagara!
About the Author